Friday 25 December 2015

A DIAMONG RING IN BLUE SAPPHIRE STONES

by: MisS VictoriA DaviD

  
Months before my birthday...

I asked myself what I want on my 27th year in this world? Thinking... Then I said to myself, what about a pair of pearl earrings as per my birthstone!

A week before my actual birthday, I looked for pearl of earrings on the high streets and sadly, it didn’t yield a good result. Why? It's because most of the earrings looked cheap and artificial. I felt unlucky as I couldn't find a pair of attractive earrings which I will use on my actual natal day. I gave it a rest and headed back home as the frustration was eating me.

I went on to the high street the next day and visited a few shops again to find an eye-catching pair of earrings. What I mean is, exceptionally charming. Again, I was getting tired as time went by looking into windows; entering shops and even asking sales assistants. When all of a sudden I said to myself, perhaps this was not yet the right time for me to have ear piercings. I sat for awhile and surprisingly, I thought of a diamond ring (if in case, I will be in a financial crisis I can easily pawn the ring...lol!) because of my right ring finger.

A day before my birthday...

 

I visited back the high street and checked 3 Jewellery shops, again. If in case, they had a sale or a ring that was worth purchasing. The first two shops offered reduced prices but they had not convinced my eyes to buy one of their collections. I walked and entered the last one.

When I was walking towards the shop, I saw a few displays in their windows which included trays of earrings, necklaces, rings etc. All of the collections had valuable stones that made me so eager to ask one of the assistants to hand over a few trays of ring. I scrutinised and fitted like 5-6 rings before I finally said, this is what I really want! A Diamond Ring in a setting of Blue Sapphire Stones. However, the ring was slightly loose for my fourth finger. The man who assisted me said, 'We can re-size the ring Madame and will be collected a week after, would it be fine for you?'. We both agreed and I didn’t give a minimum fuss how long it will take. I paid the full amount and headed back home with a big smile in my face, light-hearted and free from worries!

With or without gems, I can be a very fussy woman especially when it comes to items I will always use in my everyday life.

* This was written in July 2011 and is just published this year
with up to date pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger