Wednesday 27 January 2016

ASTHMA ATTACK

by: MisS VictoriA DaviD

 
When I was young, this respiratory problem gave me exasperating breathing troubles. I could still remember the obstruction of airflow that led to the tightening of my chest and the embarrassment of wheezing in a public place or when I was with friends.

I have outgrown this illness already and can now say that I am very fit, as a result of various exercises I do in life. Those years of exacerbation are now just blurry shadows of my childhood. Nowadays, my excellent condition has been making my life so beautifully breezy and cheerful.

I don't want to experience this difficulty in breathing and coughing again. If in case someone needs the first aid assistance, just follow the procedure below:
  1. Keep calm and reassure the casualty. Get him to take a puff of his reliever inhaler (it is usually blue). It should relieve the asthma attack within a few minutes. Ask him to breathe slowly and deeply.
  2. Let her adapt the position that he/she finds most comfortable- sitting slightly forwards. Do not make the casualty lie down.
  3. A mild asthma attack should ease within 3 minutes. If it does not, ask the casualty to take another dose from the same inhaler.
(Caution: Dial 999 for an ambulance if the inhaler has no effect after 5 minutes and when the condition is getting worse; he is becoming exhausted or breathlessness.)

*Photo courtesy of onlinedoctor.lloydspharmacy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger