Tuesday 2 February 2016

SAINSBURY'S BASIC JUG KETTLE


Last year, I was surprised by the sound of an explosion and it came from the kitchen. I checked the appliances, one by one, until I smelled the burnt plug of an electric kettle. The fuse had exploded and the electrical wire was severely affected, too, which made the kettle impossible to mend and get back in working order.

The kettle was absolutely irreparable that evening and I was left with no hot water for my hot chocolate drink (LOL!). Honestly, I found it very challenging not to have sizzling hot water in the house especially in the morning. Who would not be when you are used to having a cup of refreshing coffee after breakfast and late afternoon tea as well.

I woke-up at 5AM and searched immediately for electric kettles from various sellers online. I visited six stores to see their offers and ended with two of my best choices. They were from John Lewis website with impressive remarks from the previous customers. Additionally, they were not too expensive given the style, colour as well as their key features.

I stayed up and didn’t go back to bed....

My top two choices were amazingly very good but I ended up buying Sainsbury's Basic Jug Kettle. My only idea was to try it and to see if it's worth the trouble saving a few quid? Unfortunately, it wasn't a wise buy at all nor saving a few dosh in my purse!

While I was in the kitchen for hours, I couldn't stand the look of the kettle as it was disappointingly very basic and cheap looking (Sorry for being blunt and insulting). On the contrary, Sainsbury's Basic Jug Kettle functions similar to my broken Dome Kettle from Russell Hobbs. Yes, I didn't go to John Lewis to buy one of my choices and because of that, I hated myself (a little bit). My decision in buying it was absolutely a pointless compromise. Well, I'm only human!

I disliked it but didn't return it to the store...

Last year, the Sainsbury's Basic Jug Kettle was placed in the "balikbayan" box and shipped over to my beloved country. It wasn't exquisitely ideal for my finicky taste but it was worth experimenting. On the other hand, this well-made inexpensive kettle has been very useful at my brother's humble abode nowadays.
 
Technically speaking, this compact jug kettle has a light weight power base which doesn’t need so much space with the additional cord storage. It has twin water gauges on both sides of the body to see through the water level with removable and washable filter in the spout. The kettle is finished in clean white with a generous 1.7L capacity- providing you with more sizzling hot water for coffee, tea and other purposes. It also has a flip-top lid with on/off switch which illuminates with an orange glow when the water is boiling. Moreover, this household jug kettle brings water to the boil rapidly because of its powerful 1850- 2200W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger