Thursday 23 May 2024

PERSONALISED WRISTLET CARDHOLDER

 by: MisS VictoriA DaviD


This personalised accessory was originally a timeworn soft leather long wallet, which was once loved by its original owner. 

I have been searching for a weeny wallet suitable for my essential cards where it could fit into my other handbags. Unfortunately, I had not come across one that I perceived as a reflection of my inner psyche. That is why for a few weeks in March on the fits and starts process I began to dismantle the venerable long wallet where I revamped it into a subjective accessory.


RIVETS AND LINING 

The rivets and lining used in customising this accessory are repurposed materials. In particular, the rivets are fragments of my tattered handbags whilst the lining is a surplus material of my unsuitable dress. On the other hand, I also sewed a new pair of crystal heart buttons to compliment the red shade around my custom-made engraved label. 

STITCHING 

I glued the cut-out outer shells and then, used an electric sewing machine to create even gaps for the holes of the thread. This means that there was no inserted thread in the needle whilst I ran through the shells on the feed dogs of the machine. Thereafter, I hand-sewn the shells carefully and neatly. 


This accessory is neither a desirable collection piece nor will hold its value like the iconic designer brands as time goes by. However, the process of meticulously creating it to be worn again is one of my several ways to reduce the harmful disruption and damage being done to the natural world. Thus, I consider this personalised wristlet cardholder a priceless piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger