Tuesday 15 December 2015

SAY CAMEMBERT!

by: MisS VictoriA DaviD

When I was growing-up, I thought cheese had one shape and taste only. What a foolish child I was to have assumed that milk-based food products like cheese did not have wide-ranging flavours, textures, and forms too. This was during my school years or before the internet was launched in the world. Sad to say, my intuition really misguided me so much!

For the past weeks, I have been trying to regain my sexy weight as I added 5 klgs. or so after eating too much last Christmas and New Year's Eve. I was not just enjoying but also indulging myself, it was a case of 'eat as much as you can'.

I tried hard to get my weight back or even to lose a few klgs. of that chubbiness. It wasn't that difficult to lose weight but delicious meals are very tempting and hard to avoid. So, instead of gaining more weight or starve myself to death I decided to accustom myself to only eat at lunchtimes with fibre rich fruits like apples, bananas, oranges and pears. My fruit diet helped a lot and as a matter of fact, I just regained my weight without experiencing nausea etc.

Last week, I put on hold for awhile my fruit-diet regime and try buns with slices of Camembert cheese. I thought I would have it for a few days only, but my new luncheon is more than a week old now! Perhaps the soft and flavoursome spiced buns with juicy orange soaked sultanas and raisins as well as the scrumptious full fat soft cheese made from pasteurised cow's milk were the reasons why my choosy taste buds are so delighted.

My fruit-diet and my new luncheon have huge differences, in particular, health benefits. Bu on the other hand, I have found and tasted the cheese I prefer most while I'm on Earth.

It may be fattening as they say but I know it won't affect me as I can control the amount I eat. Hmmmmmmmm...I'm a little 'devil' sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger